No Title

Publicis has been appointed to handle the FF 90m (ú12.5m) privatisation campaign for French steel producer Usinor Sacilor after a final pitch against Australie.

Publicis has been appointed to handle the FF 90m (ú12.5m) privatisation campaign for French steel producer Usinor Sacilor after a final pitch against Australie. Other agencies originally involved were BDDP, BCRC, McCann-Erickson and J Walter Thompson…

…AGF, also scheduled for privatisation, is talking to Alice, incumbent agency EURO RSCG BETC, McCann-Erickson and Publicis Conseil about its corporate advertising. DDB Needham, chosen to handle the company’s sale, is not included.

Heinrich Bauer, the German publisher, has launched Yoyo, a fortnightly magazine aimed at women under 30-years-old. The title will have an initial print-run of 600,000.

J Walter Thompson Hamburg has been appointed to handle the DM 20m (ú9.5m) German launch of Elida Gibbs’ Organics haircare range.

Nadler Larimer & Martinelli, the Milan agency, has joined the DDB network, following Omnicom’s purchase of TBWA. The agency’s clients include Barilla, Roche and Weight Watchers.

Bozell SA Geneva has been appointed to handle advertising for the Lausanne-based newspaper Nouveau Quotidien.

Ricard SA has chosen Publicis Conseil to handle advertising for Jameson whiskey. Pernod Ricard acquired the brand when it bought Irish Distillers in 1988.

CME.KHBB Frankfurt office has closed following the decision by parent Cordiant to fold operations into sister network Bates.

Barabino & Partner, working with the UK’s Dewe Rogerson, will handle the sale of La Stet, Italy’s public telecoms holding.

GGK’s Vienna-based Occidental network has announced a series of wins including oil company OMV’s ú1.3m account for the whole of Eastern Europe, Ikea’s account in Slovakia and the Toshiba business in Hungary.

BDDP is attempting to boost its design capabilities with the acquisition of a 65 per cent stake in design firm Stand By Me, which has been renamed as The Brand Company. The remaining 35 per cent continues to be held by the company’s previous owners.

Latest from Marketing Week


Access Marketing Week’s wealth of insight, analysis and opinion that will help you do your job better.

Register and receive the best content from the only UK title 100% dedicated to serving marketers' needs.

We’ll ask you just a few questions about what you do and where you work. The more we know about our visitors, the better and more relevant content we can provide for them. And, yes, knowing our audience better helps us find commercial partners too. Don't worry, we won't share your information with other parties, unless you give us permission to do so.

Register now


Our award winning editorial team (PPA Digital Brand of the Year) ask the big questions about the biggest issues on everything from strategy through to execution to help you navigate the fast moving modern marketing landscape.


From the opportunities and challenges of emerging technology to the need for greater effectiveness, from the challenge of measurement to building a marketing team fit for the future, we are your guide.


Information, inspiration and advice from the marketing world and beyond that will help you develop as a marketer and as a leader.

Having problems?

Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3703 or email

If you are looking for our Jobs site, please click here