Christine Walker, former chief executive of Zenith, is tipped to take a 60 per cent controlling stake in her new media operation, with M&C Saatchi expected to account for the remaining 40 per cent. The agency is likely to open by the end of the month.

Frank, the women’s magazine launched by Wagadon in September, has announced final sales for its first issue of 140,000, from an initial print run of 220,000. Publisher Lou McLeod claims a settled circulation of 100,000 ‘is very achievable’.

Guardian advertisement manager Joe Clark and Observer ad manager Stuart Taylor are to swap roles from November 1 as part of a reshuffle of the group’s commercial department. Warren Burke has been appointed travel manager, responsible for all display and classified advertising in the sector, while Charles Ping has been promoted to direct marketing manager.

Prudential, the financial services giant, has appointed Poster Publicity to handle planning and buying of its outdoor advertising. The company will work alongside media agency New PHD in implementing campaigns for the company. The 5m account was previously with poster specialist Outdoor Connection.

Capital Radio has appointed Peter Mitchell, a former president of the World Federation of Advertisers, as a non-executive director. Paul Davies, previously managing director of Capital’s former sales house, MS&M, joins the board as group commercial director.

Heavyweight poster advertising by Channel 5, Camelot, BSkyB and Channel 4 in the year to June has resulted in the motor sector being overtaken by entertainment and media as the largest-spending product category in the outdoor medium. Spend by the sector totalled 62.3m for the year, just ahead of motors on 61.5m, according to estimates by Maiden Roadside.

MGM Home Entertainment is launching a campaign to promote the classic film the Wizard of Oz (below) on video. The ten- and 30- second television executions will appear on Children’s ITV, Nickelodeon, Fox and Cartoon Network. Press ads will appear in girls’ magazines. The ads were created by CDP.

Kevin Attridge has been appointed head of sales within IPC’s classified sales department for SouthBank, weeklies, science and special interest titles. Cathy Neale has also been promoted within the classified department to head of sales for leisure, music and sport titles within IPC, not its SouthBank subsidiary as was suggested last week (MW October 16).

Latest from Marketing Week


Access Marketing Week’s wealth of insight, analysis and opinion that will help you do your job better.

Register and receive the best content from the only UK title 100% dedicated to serving marketers' needs.

We’ll ask you just a few questions about what you do and where you work. The more we know about our visitors, the better and more relevant content we can provide for them. And, yes, knowing our audience better helps us find commercial partners too. Don't worry, we won't share your information with other parties, unless you give us permission to do so.

Register now


Our award winning editorial team (PPA Digital Brand of the Year) ask the big questions about the biggest issues on everything from strategy through to execution to help you navigate the fast moving modern marketing landscape.


From the opportunities and challenges of emerging technology to the need for greater effectiveness, from the challenge of measurement to building a marketing team fit for the future, we are your guide.


Information, inspiration and advice from the marketing world and beyond that will help you develop as a marketer and as a leader.

Having problems?

Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3703 or email

If you are looking for our Jobs site, please click here