BenQ Mobile is understood to be in the early stages of a pitch for its multi-million BenQ-Siemens handset advertising business.
The telecommunications giant is said to be in talks with a number of undisclosed UK agencies ahead of a pitch to be run from Germany.
It is thought the company is carrying out the review itself with no involvement from an intermediary.
Earlier this year BenQ Mobile said it would put a “significant” marketing spend behind the launch of its handsets following its purchase of Siemens Mobile (MW January 19). The company then also unveiled the first phones to be co-branded as BenQ-Siemens. Handsets will carry the co-branded label for five years as part of the takeover deal.
BenQ last month used direct marketing agency Spinnaker for an integrated campaign for the BenQ-Siemens phones, which aimed to target young, fashion-conscious consumers. Previously, Siemens Mobile had been criticised for being slow to get involved in the 3G and youth markets.
The campaign focused on slide-phone model SL75’s action, with the theme “Slide into obsession” and focused on an email drive, Web microsite and banner and overlay advertising online using the strapline “See me. Touch me. Feel me. Want me.” Siemens has previously worked with McCann-Erickson in the UK but BenQ is not thought to have an agency of record.