What I do every day is very diverse because while I look after the fun, creative aspects around the brand, I also work on product, service and catering – all those operational aspects that involve working with the cabin crew.
In the past 24 hours, I attended a recognition event for some of our colleagues who by the first six months of this year had been with us for 25, 35 or 45 years. So we had the leadership team there, the chairman and about 150 or so colleagues and guests. It was an opportunity for us to have a drink with them and say thank you very much.
This morning I had a meeting with our director of strategy because obviously it’s crucial I know what the airline is considering in terms of fleet planning and product development. I need to make sure my directorate is in tune with future products – the airline may be thinking about 2020 and beyond. I also met up with our finance team because we’re in the middle of our financial planning process and so we’re looking to start shaping next year’s budget.
Also in this story:
- Flying the brand flag for British Airways: A profile of managing director of brands and customer experience Frank van der Post
- Video: exclusive Q&A with BA’s Frank van der Post
- Marketer2Marketer: What the managing director of TravelSupermarket wanted to ask Frank
- Q&A: BA’s head of brands and marketing Abigail Comber reflects on the airline’s key marketing moves this year
- BA and Olympic sponsorship: How being bold paid off