Also in this story
- Pernod Ricard goes premium (cover story)
- Matin Riley on… Nurturing talent and brand equity
- Q&A: Martin Riley talks data collection and social media
- A day with Martin Riley: my last 24 hours
- Marketer2marketer: Lenovo’s Ajay Kaul and Coca-Cola GB’s Zoe Howorth quiz Martin Riley
Pernod Ricard is created following the merger of two French anise-based spirits companies: Pernod, founded in 1805, and Ricard, founded in 1932.
Acquisition of Irish Distillers, producer of Irish whiskey and owner of Jameson.
Acquisition of Australian wine producer Orlando Wyndham Group, producer of the Jacob’s Creek label.
Pernod Ricard and Cuban company Cuba Ron create Havana Club International, a 50/50 joint venture for the marketing of Havana Club rum.
Purchase of 39.1 per cent of Seagram’s Wines & Spirits businesses, including Scotch whisky brands Chivas Regal, Royal Salute and Glenlivet, as well as Martell cognac. Diageo acquired other brands.
Acquisition of Allied Domecq, in partnership with Fortune Brands. Brands include Malibu, Beefeater, Ballantine’s and Kahlúa. Incorporation of G.H.Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes.
Acquisition of Vin&Sprit, owner of Absolut.
Asia and Rest of the World becomes the group’s top region.
Creation of Premium Wine Brands, a brand company bringing together the group’s priority wine brands.