1. The kick off of the Barclay’s Premier League and the fact the US and UK are two nations divided by the same language provided NBC Sports and creative agency Brooklyn Brothers with a winning formula, as their An American Coach in London slot was the most watched ad on YouTube in August.
2. Contemporary street illusionist Dynamo continues to prove his commercial value for brands on YouTube, with this slot featuring ex-F1 driver David Couthard taking the second spot, just two months after he helped lead Pepsi to the top spot in the chart. Creative agency AMV BBDO helped provide the sport with some extra spark.
3. Meanwhile, the creative partnership of Nike and Wieden + Kennedy scores another viral marketing success with the pairing this time returning to Nike’s core markets of running and basketball as its creative muse.
4. Love it or hate it, Marmite’s controversial ”animal cruelty” slot, created by Adam&EveDDB, continues to generate conversation.
5. Kellogg’s scored two entries into this month’s chart for its Krave brand occupying the fifth (see above) and sixth slots respectively.