1. Boots: Celebrating 125 years of Boots baby
A nostaglic look back at Boots and its commitment to baby care – from the evolution of nappies to milk bottles – over the last 125 years, this gentle ad has resonated well with mothers.
2. Always: Always #LikeAGirl – Stronger Together
Always, Procter & Gamble’s feminine care brand, followed its successful #LikeAGirl Super Bowl ad with this online ad to tie into International Women’s Day (March 8).
3. Apple: Apple Watch – The Watch Reimagined
Everyone’s going Apple crazy (again) with the imminent launch of its much-hyped watch market debut. This simple, but effective, video has been a success, with consumers hungry for visuals clarifying the many features of the Apple Watch.
4. GoProCamera: GoPro: Didga the Skateboarding Cat
Using the feline equivalent of Tony Hawk, this video by GoPro has viral hit written all over it. Whether buying one of their cameras will have have the same impact on your pet is another matter.
5. HackettLondonTV: Hackett & Williams Martini Racing = The Coolest Pitstop Ever
To celebrate its partnership with Formula One’s Williams Martini Racing, British tailoring brand Hackett has made the pitstop cooler than usual, with F1 mechanics wearing two-button single-breasted navy suits.
6. MRPORTER: How to look after your jeans
This ‘how to’ video gives consumers at the men’s fashion brand the lowdown on how to look after their jeans. A man, who looks like a chubby Juan Mata, illustrates his denim mastery.
7. Lego: LEGO Easter Egg Hunt 2015
Lego can’t do much wrong at the moment and this ad, promoting its Easter toys and online games, is the brand’s latest way into children’s hearts and parent’s pockets.
8. TheBodyShopUK: Mother’s Day for HM “The Queen”: a royal home video
Using shaky ‘home footage’ of Mother’s Day celebrations at Buckingham Palace, this video shows Prince Charles and Camilla preparing a breakfast treat for the Queen.
9. Selfridges: Devonté Hynes and Neneh Cherry – He She Me
Selfridges are aiming to break down gender boundaries with their latest ad, which features a collaboration between Blood Orange’s Dev Hynes and Swedish singer Neneh Cherry for the accompanying track ‘He She Me’.
10. Apple: The new MacBook – Reveal
Apple’s latest MacBook model gets the advertising treatment with floating, gold laptops. Looks expensive.