1. John Lewis: Home insurance advert 2015 – Tiny Dancer
Heartwarming theme. Check. Cute central character. Check. Famous song. Check. The latest ad from John Lewis, this time for its home insurance, kept to the retailer’s winning marketing formula with a clumsy young girl seen dancing around her home to Elton John hit ‘Tiny Dancer’ and almost, but not quite, leaving carnage in her wake.
When a brand has an advertising strategy that works as well as this, why change it? Another hit for John Lewis.
Agency: Adam&Eve DDB
2. EA Sports: FIFA 16 Ultimate Team – FUT Draft Trailer ft. Gary Neville & Jamie Carragher
The ever popular game Fifa is back for the 2015/16 season and this time it has some cool new features. What better way to show them off than getting some ex-footballers to play? Cue Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville sitting on a sofa playing in ‘Ultimate Team Draft’ mode. Heaven for anyone that’s wanted to prove they could do a better job than Brendan Rodgers or Louis van Gaal.
Agency: Ad Hoc Films
3. Lexus: The Lexus Hoverboard – It’s here
It might be a marketing stunt but Lexus did apparently actually produce the hoverboard that appears in this video. A minor drawback, it only works on specially designed rails and is almost impossible to ride. Still, that didn’t stop millions of people watching the video and imagining themselves as the new stars of ‘Back to the Future’.
Agency: CHI & Partners
4. DC Shoes: Robbie Maddison’s ‘Pipe Dream’
For many Robbie “Maddo” Maddison won’t need introducing. For those that don’t know him, he’s the Australian motorbike stunt rider made famous by his record-breaking freestyle riding. In this video for DC Shoes he rides his dirt bike into the Pacific Ocean to take on the iconic waves off the coast of Tahiti.
5. Quaker: The recital
Here’s an ad from Canada that has touched the UK. Quaker Oats produced this video to supports its ‘Goodness Starts Today’ campaign. It tells the story of an ordinary family with a young girl that loves dancing but wants to spend more time with her Dad. Can you guess the twist at the end?
6. Duracell: Power to the end Rugby World Cup 2015
7. Air New Zealand: Men In Black safety defenders safety video
Agency: True Advertising
8. Burger King: McWhopper proposal
9. Hyundai: How stats won football – from moneyball to FC Midtjylland #FanFilmFund
Agency: Big Balls Production
10. Old Spice: And so it begins
Agency: Wieden + Kennedy
- Do you want to ensure your brand’s campaign gets the recognition it deserves? Enter one of the categories at this year’s Masters of Marketing. There are plenty to choose from, including social media, video and retail and ecommerce. Go to the Masters site for details of how to enter.