1. Tesco: Tesco Halloween – Introducing Spookermarket
While most retailers are desperately seeking ways to keep customers coming back, Tesco decided to have a bit of fun and scare its patrons away. It transformed one of its supermarkets into a haunted house, and in doing so racked up over 2 million views on YouTube.
2. Durex UK: When it’s on, it’s on
Let’s be honest, Durex’s marketing team doesn’t have the easiest job in the world. Condoms are one of those products that while necessary, people simply don’t like buying. In a quest to find out what holds young men and women back from using condoms, the brand held two focus groups, with some surprising outcomes.
Agency: Havas Worldwide
3. Guitar Hero UK: Official Guitar Hero Live trailer – Win The Crowd
It turns out millionaire rock star Lenny Kravitz can’t have it all. Even when wearing his tight leather trousers he is unable to get the crowd on his side in the latest Guitar Hero Live ad. Luckily for him, actor James Franco doesn’t fare much better – or does he?
Agency: 72andsunny (US)
4. Just Eat: Balti Rocks!
When you’re feeling too lazy to cook, takeaways can provide a real source of joy. Just Eat decided to take this feeling a step further by taking on Bonnie Tyler’s “I need a hero”. Whether or not Tyler approves of this dramatic remake remains to be seen.
Agency: The Red Brick Road
5. Samsung UK: Samsung School of Rugby – Extra Time
The Rugby World Cup is now behind us, but Samsung’s latest ad still made a solid impact on social media. It sees posh comedian Jack Whitehall attempt to make friends with some English rugby legends during a training session, proving to be harder than he thought.
6. Lego: News Show – Episode 1 – Lego City Demolition & Deep Sea
7. Barbie: Imagine The Possibilities
Agency: BBDO San Francisco
8. McDonald’s: McDonald’s Wraps ‘Live Bolder’ with Big Flavour Wraps
Agency: Leo Burnett
9. H&M: Balmain x H&M
10. Emirates: Emirates A380 featuring Jennifer Aniston