Design consultancy Further has released its predictions for the brands to watch over the next decade. It nominates:
1. United Breweries Group. The Indian conglomerate markets everything from Kingfisher beer to Scotch brands Black Dog and Whyte & Mackay. Headed by Vijay Mallya, it looks set to boom over the next few years.
2. Build Your Dreams. Originally established as a battery maker, its new automotive division is taking this Chinese brand to new heights. It is aiming to become one of the most well-known manufacturers of electric and hybrid cars in the world.
3. MTN. The South African mobile phone brand has more than 40 million subscribers and African mobile ownership is set to rocket.
4. Natura Cosmetics. This directto- consumer Brazilian beauty business has trebled its revenues since 2001.
5. Virgin Galactic. Sir Richard Branson’s space venture already has thousands of bookings.
6. Kapersky Lab. This Russian business makes products and technologies for more than 250 million computer users globally. Its internet-security products are set to grow in demand as web use increases.
7. Westover Clinics. This Londonbased concept for healthcare blends “wellness”, fitness, nutrition, life coaching, dentistry and GP services.
8. OnLive. This video service insists its technology can help millions of gamers stream their games in real time over the internet with no need for consoles.
9. Climate Exchange. Aims to facilitate trading in environmental financial currencies, such as emissions reduction credits.
10. Plastic Logic. A spin-off from Cambridge University’s Cavendish Laboratory, its principle product is an electronic display the thickness of a credit card, which will be used in eReaders later this year.
So, that’s the view of design consultancy Further, but which company gets your nomination?