Digest

Holsten has bought a 75 per cent stake in König-Pilsener Brauerei and agreed to acquire the remaining 25 per cent at a later date. The purchase makes Holsten the leading lager producer in Germany. The König and Kelts brands will continue to be marketed independently.

Recommended

Poster Watch

Marketing Week

Safety rather than creativity was the trend this month and recall was way down. Michelin’s ‘spacewalk’ and BHS lingerie ranked equal top, while Sony – a brand usually associated with eye-catching ads – came bottom.

Colgate hires head of UK operations

Marketing Week

Colgate-Palmolive has appointed Nigel Burton, head of its Spanish operations, as general manager for the UK. Burton replaces Karen Guerra who left in August to take up the same position at the company’s office in France. She went with her husband, Fernando Guerra, who was managing director of New Zealand Milk, the owner of the […]

Comments

    Leave a comment

    Close

    Discover even more as a subscriber

    This article is available for subscribers only.

    Sign up now for your access-all-areas pass.

    If you're an existing paid print subscriber find out how to get access here.

    Subscribers enjoy unlimited access to unrivalled coverage of the biggest issues in marketing, alongside practical advice from the digital experts at Econsultancy.

    With a subscription to Marketing Week Premium you will get full access to:

    > World-renowned columnists

    > Analysis & case studies

    > Exclusive leading-edge insight

    > Carefully curated reports & briefings from Econsultancy

    > Plus, much more including a £300 discount for the Festival of Marketing

    Subscribe now

    Got a question?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3703 or email customerservices@marketingweek.com

    If you are looking for our Jobs site, please click here

    Subscribers enjoy unlimited access to unrivalled coverage of the biggest issues in marketing, alongside practical advice from the digital experts at Econsultancy.

    With a subscription to Marketing Week Premium you will get full access to:

    > World-renowned columnists

    > Analysis & case studies

    > Exclusive leading-edge insight

    > Carefully curated reports & briefings from Econsultancy

    > Plus, much more including a £300 discount for the Festival of Marketing

    Subscribe now