The Marketing Academy has unveiled the list of 24 CMOs and marketing leaders who have been selected for its prestigious EMEA Fellowship Programme.
Developed in partnership with consultancy McKinsey & Company, the board level executive development programme is designed exclusively for CMOs and aims to develop the skills they need make the transition to a CEO role or similar.
Sponsored by The CMO Club, the free programme is also supported by marketing leadership expert Thomas Barta, board level coaching organisation Wisdom8, and corporate communications experts Freuds.
Fellows will take part in three immersive residential events, with masterclasses covering strategy, corporate finance, organisational health, leading transformational change, operational effectiveness and stakeholder influence.
In addition, Fellows are assigned an executive coach and offered one-on-one mentoring with seasoned board members.
To date, the global programme boasts 140 alumni, including Visa’s head of marketing Adrian Farina, BT’s managing director of consumer marketing Christian Thrane, Diageo’s global CMO Cristina Diezhandino, Unilever’s global growth operation officer Debora Koyama, and Formula 1’s director of marketing and communications Ellie Norman.
“Finding innovative growth areas and accelerating digitisation are key transformational CEO agenda topics, even more so after the impact of the pandemic, and marketing professionals are often best placed to tackle these challenges,” says Roberto Longo, partner at McKinsey & Company.
“We have again a very strong and diverse group of CMOs with the ambition to become CEOs and bring customer orientation to the top table.”The Marketing Academy reveals its 2021 Scholars
The 24 marketing leaders selected as 2021 EMEA Fellows are:
- Colin Whaley, sales and marketing director, Center Parcs
- Dawn Spencer, marketing, innovation & sustainability director, Kerry Group Plc
- Frans Leenaars, CMO western region & group CX director, TUI Group
- Gareth Helm, global CMO, HomeServe
- Gareth Jones, CMO, Farfetch
- Glenn Thomas, chief commercial officer, QMENTA
- Jill Murray, global CMO, Arcadis
- Joanne Savage, director of marketing EMEA, Fitbit at Google
- Jon White, CMO, Electrocomponents Plc
- Kate Bird, executive director of consumer revenue, Conde Nast
- Marisa Kacary , managing director of brand, marketing & communications, AMS
- Mark Given, CMO, Sainsbury’s
- Mark Vile, CMO, Comparethemarket.com
- Nicki Sheard, CMO, BBC studios
- Paula Llewellyn, managing director (Direct) & CMO – Legal & General Insurance, Legal & General
- Sabah Naqushbandi, global marketing director – Mr Porter, YOOX Net-A-Porter Group
- Sara Holt, UK sales and marketing director, Merlin Entertainments Plc
- Steve Wilson, chief digital officer, Admiral Group
- Susan O’Brien, vice-president of global brand, Just Eat
- Tina Koehler, director marketing, digital & customer analytics, Audi UK
- Toby Whitmoyer, global marketing & innovation officer, Bacardi Ltd
- Tom Wallis, CMO, Gousto
- Vikaas Saxena, director – marketing & digital, Philip Morris International
- Yilmaz Erceyes, CMO, Premier Foods