The Marketing Academy has revealed the latest cohort of CMOs and marketing leaders set to take part in its 2023 Fellowship.
Now in its 10th year, the board level executive development programme, delivered in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by The CMO Club, is designed to provide marketers with the skills they need to make the transition to CEO or other C-suite roles.
In addition to the experts from McKinsey, the programme is supported by board level coaching organisation Wisdom8 and marketing leadership expert Thomas Barta.
The course encompasses three immersive residential events, with masterclasses on all elements of board stewardship, including strategy, corporate finance, organisational health, leading transformational change, operational effectiveness and stakeholder influence.
Alongside this, Fellows will also receive one-on-one time with board members as well as being assigned an executive coach for the duration of the programme.
Sherilyn Shackell, founder and CEO of The Marketing Academy, says the volume and calibre of applications was “particularly high” this year.
“We are particularly thrilled to see, for the first time, two alumni from our UK Scholarship programme selected to join a Fellowship cohort,” she adds. “This is affirmation that our commitment to developing leadership talent within our industry is having a tangible and long-term impact on the onward careers of our Scholars.”
ITV CMO Jane Stiller and Little Moons’ marketing director Ross Farquhar both previously completed the Scholarship programme.
Dieter Kiewell, senior partner at McKinsey & Company, says: “We have again a very strong and diverse group of CMOs with the ambition to become bring customer orientation to the top table. Finding innovative growth areas, accelerating digitisation and embedding sustainability are transformational topics in the CEO agenda, even more so after the impact of the pandemic, and marketing professionals are often best placed to tackle these challenges.”
The 24 marketing leaders selected as 2023 EMEA Fellows are:
- Adrian Lawlor, group CMO, Kepak Group
- Briony Mathieson, CMO, Olam Food Ingredients (ofi)
- Candina Weston, acting CMO Asia, Microsoft
- Caroline Hipperson, managing director, Funkin Cocktails
- Chris Barron, GM personal care UK&I and vice-president deodorants Europe, Unilever
- Chris Rodi, European marketing director, Mars Petcare
- Claire Pointon, customer director, John Lewis
- Claire Sadler, chief marketing & fundraising officer, British Heart Foundation
- Gemma Cleland, CMO, Convatec
- Henry F. Detering, CMO, Vontobel
- Irina Rodina, CMO commercial director Northern Europe, Kraft Heinz
- Jane Stiller, CMO, ITV
- Julie Bramham, global brand director, Johnnie Walker, Diageo
- Lisa Delaney, regional head of marketing and digital sales Europe, Cathay Pacific Airways
- Lynne Ormrod, CMO, Hotel Chocolat
- Matt Garrood, marketing and commercial director, First Rate Exchange Services
- Matt Kennedy, CCO, Giffgaff
- Munnawar Chishty, vice-president and global category director beauty, No7 Beauty Company, a division of Walgreens Boots
- Ross Farquhar, marketing director, Little Moons
- Simon Gatenby, CMO, DAZN Bet
- Suresh Balaji, global head of marketing and communications, Standard Chartered Consumer Bank
- Thomas Delabriere, general manager – Plant-Based Food, Nomad Foods
- Vugar Mehdiyev, senior director of marketing, ecommerce and customer service and member of executive board, Baku Electronics
- Zaid Al Qassab, CMO, Channel 4
Nominations for The Marketing Academy’s 2023 Scholarship programme for emerging leaders in marketing, media and advertising is also now open for entries.