The Marketing Academy has unveiled the 30 marketing executives selected for its coveted 2022 Scholarship programme.
Now in its 13th year in the UK, the free programme is designed to develop the skills of marketers and prepare them to take on senior and board-level roles.
Marketers from brands, media owners and agencies are chosen after taking part in a rigorous three-stage selection process.
The Scholarship, which is funded in the UK by long-term partners Salesforce, Mars Wrigley, KFC Global, ITV, PHD UK, BT and Accenture Song, features a comprehensive curriculum.
Scholars are given an executive coach and attend residential ‘boot camps’ featuring inspirational speakers and masterclasses, as well as one-to-one mentoring with some of the most prominent marketing leaders.
In previous years these have included Sarah Warby, chief customer officer of Nando’s, Sara Bennison, CMO of Nationwide, Kathryn Jacob, CEO of Pearl & Dean, Alistair Macrow, CEO of McDonalds UK & Ireland, Annette King, CEO of Publicis UK, Keith Moor, CMO of Camelot, Meghan Farren, CMO of Asda and Deborah Dolce, senior vice-president and group brand & marketing director of TJX Europe.Marketing Academy reveals CMOs chosen to become its 2022 Fellows
Since launching in the UK in 2010, the Marketing Academy Scholarship has enrolled more than 800 people globally.
The Marketing Academy founder & global CEO, Sherilyn Shackell, says: “It’s humbling to see the extraordinary volume and calibre of talent nominated every year. We’re truly thrilled to see so many organisations choosing to recognise and invest in their talent by endorsing their candidacy for the Scholarship and cannot wait to see what the 2022 UK cohort can achieve together.”
Each Scholar will also be able to enrol their teams in The Marketing Academy Virtual Campus, a development programme designed for alumni, partners, mentors, coaches and their teams, which has more than 7,000 people enrolled around the world.
The 30 marketers enrolled in the 2021 UK Scholarship are:
- Adreana Starke, head of portfolio strategy & planning (EU Marketing), Amazon
- Alexis Sharples, marketing director, ITC Travel Group
- Angela Morris, head of customer acquisition, Manchester United
- Annabel Barratt, senior manager, social purpose, ITV
- Brian Bené, VP brand & marketing, Octopus MoneyCoach
- Callum Clark, UK head of marketing, podcasts, Sony Music Entertainment
- Calvin Lau, economic impact programmes & partnerships marketing, Google UK
- Carlie Wittred, head of brand marketing and PR, Gousto
- Clare Vigers, strategy lead, Two Circles
- Dafydd Pugh Williams, marketing & innovation director – global travel retail, Diageo
- Dan Hayes, senior insight manager, brand and marketing effectiveness, BT Group
- Dhiren Karnani, retail director, KFC UK & Ireland
- Duke Tanson, marketing director, Missguided
- Emma Flaxman, marketing & new business director, PHD UK
- Emma Miles, client partner & B2B marketing specialist, RMP Enterprise
- Fintan Lillis, senior director, brand & demand gen marketing UKI, Salesforce
- Grace Buck, brand planning lead, Nike UK & Ireland
- Hannah Smith, head of brand, Nando’s UK&I
- Heena Kankali, head of trade marketing, expansion (European Growth Markets), AB InBev
- Lisa Vecchio, director, global campaign strategy, Hootsuite
- Mansoor Ahmad, marketing strategy and operations, HSBC
- Max Adams, brand director UK, Mars Wrigley
- Mihir Haria Shah, head of media, Anything is Possible
- Ndubuisi Uchea, CEO & co-founder, Word on the Curb
- Roselyn Xavier, digital marketing manager, Accenture Song
- Stephanie Dexter, marketing manager – Heineken & Amstel, Heineken UK
- Stephanie Nicolaides, director of marketing & strategic operations, TwentyFirstCenturyBrand
- Wanji Wambari-Kairu, digital acquisition manager, WaterAid UK
- William Fernandez, global client lead, Wunderman Thompson
- Zara Bryson, group strategy director, Publicis Media