News of the World to launch men’s lifestyle supplement

News of the World has confirmed it will launch a men’s magazine, with an online edition, complementing women’s title Fabulous.

/r/m/g/NewsoftheWorldLogo.jpg

The Sunday tabloid will produce the first edition in March, but it hasn’t yet been clarified whether the magazine will be monthly or weekly.

The as-yet-unnamed title will feature sport and fitness content, as well as a strong emphasis on high-street fashion, gadgets, grooming, music and film.

A News International says: “For some time we’ve believed there’s a gap in the Sunday market for a high-quality men’s magazine. The ad community likes what we’ve shown them and so do our readers.”

Last week incoming Fabulous editor Rachel Richardson told new media age that the title is to develop an ecommerce offering, which will let users buy products via fabulous.co.uk.

The strategy continues the News International-owned tabloid’s drive to develop online business models. The News of the World website went subscription-only in autumn 2010.

This story first appeared on newmediaage.co.uk

Recommended

Comments

    Leave a comment