Data is the key ingredient in any digital transformation efforts. In order to stay competitive, it is expected that businesses become ‘data driven’, meaning that they use data to make smarter, faster decisions and gain more meaningful insight about their customers.
However, providing accurate information about the impact of marketing and sales initiatives can feel challenging, despite the leaps and bounds analytics technologies have made and the ever-widening availability of measurement tools.
Incorporating advice from marketing data experts from companies including Google, Digitas UK and Dentsu Aegis Network, this best practice guide explains approaches to marketing measurement and analysis, in order to help teams turn this understanding into a core competency. It also covers:
- How to create a measurement strategy that accounts for your organisation’s data maturity and available resources
- How to build a picture of the organisation’s data requirements, and decide what to measure
- The common tools used by businesses in data analysis, including how to configure them to business needs
- Key principles of data collection and analysis for a range of channels, including email, social, PPC and mobile
- How to test the effectiveness of different approaches and marketing campaigns, analyse outcomes and optimise on experiment results.