Are brands taking marketing effectiveness resourcing seriously?
With more than half of marketers admitting effectiveness is not a defined role and rarely a priority in their business, are brands thinking clearly about how to properly resource their teams?
Businesses talk a good game about their commitment to effectiveness. CEOs and CFOs cite the importance of marketing ROI, while marketers agree effectiveness is shooting up the corporate agenda. But, have brands invested in the resources needed to realise the opportunity of marketing effectiveness?
Some 18.6% of the 1,610 brand-side marketers responding to Marketing Week’s Language of Effectiveness Survey strongly agree marketing effectiveness is not a defined role and rarely a priority in their business. A further 32.4% of respondents slightly agree with the statement, taking the total in agreement to 51% of respondents. For Specsavers marketing and ecommerce director Chris Carter, that is a depressing statistic.