Top marketers from brands such as John Lewis, Visa and Diageo are among 19 marketing leaders who have been chosen to take part in The Marketing Academy’s Fellowship programme.
The nine-month programme aims to equip CMOs and marketing bosses with the skills required to move into board and CEO roles.
The programme is delivered in partnership with McKinsey, sponsored by Facebook, and is supported by marketing leadership expert Thomas Barta. It also features sessions delivered by board level coaching firm Wisdom8 and corporate communications company Freuds.
Across three residential events, classes will cover strategy, corporate finance, organisational health, leading transformational change, operational effectiveness and stakeholder influence.
Fellows will have one-to-one sessions with executive coaches and experienced board members.
Alumni of the programme include marketers from Virgin Atlantic, Waitrose, Adidas, the Wall Street Journal and Unilever.
McKinsey senior partner Dieter Kiewell says: “We have again a very strong group of CMOs with the ambition to become CEOs and influence business with a customer and consumer mindset.
“Growth and digital are key transformational CEO agenda topics and marketing professionals are generally very well placed to manage those issues with strong impact track records.”
The 2020 EMEA Fellows are:
• Adrian Farina, senior vice-president of marketing Europe, Visa International
• Alison Orsi, CMO Europe, IBM
• Andrew Geoghegan, global consumer planning director, Diageo
• Antreas Athanassopoulos, group CCO & CEO financial services, Dixons Carphone
• Becky Brock, marketing director, John Lewis
• Cheryl Calverley, CMO, Eve Sleep
• Christian Thrane, CMO and head of consumer division, Telenor
• Ellie Norman, director of marketing and communications, Formula 1
• Gareth Hussey, CMO, Tesco Mobile
• Katie McAlister, CMO, TUI UK & Ireland
• Kerry Chilvers, group brands director, Direct Line Group
• Mark Evers, CCO, Transport for London
• Meghan Farren, CMO, KFC UK & Ireland
• Michael Merz, managing director (CSO), DWK Life Sciences Group
• Rachael Powell, CCO, Xero
• Roland Harste, CMO, Swarovski
• Samir Mammadov, CMO, Kapital Bank OJSC
• Steve Challouma, general manager, UK Bird’s Eye Ltd
• Virginie de Beco, head of global consumer marketing, Sennheiser