The Marketing Academy has revealed the 30 marketing executives selected for its 2023 Scholarship programme.
Now into its 14th year in the UK and with more than 1,000 alumni globally, the programme is designed to develop marketer’s skills to prepare them to take on senior leadership roles.
The Scholarship – funded in the UK by partners Salesforce, Accenture Song, Bazaarvoice, BT, ITV, KFC UK & Ireland, Mars and PHD Media – sees hundreds of marketers from brands, media owners and agencies compete in a three-stage selection process for just 30 places.
The 30 marketers enrolled in the class of 2023 are:
- Abbie Hickman, head of grocery marketing, Nando’s UK & Ireland
- Ali Maynard-James, managing partner, Manifest Group
- Angela Cameron, European brand & portfolio director, Mars
- Ayesha Datoo, head of account management, Grey London
- Becca-Jane Schofield, head of campaigns and digital, Smart Energy GB
- Carly Burford, category lead (haircare), Unilever
- Dalkaji Gurung, SEO business director, PHD Media
- Daria Puiulet, director, UK & Ireland Salesforce Innovation Centre
- David Brewerton, head of growth & customer marketing, Metro Bank Plc
- Eleanor Simpson, head of external relations and comms, Bazaarvoice
- Emma Hackett, head of brand & campaigns, Domino’s Pizza Group Plc
- Erina Jones, director of social & online, UKTV
- Gabrielle Gray, executive creative director, Oliver/Inside Ideas Group
- George Shepherd-Cross, marketing manager, SC Johnson
- Ian Kennedy, head of digital customer experience, Puma
- Joe Dale, senior marketing manager, The Wave
- Josh King, client partner, Meta
- Kate Narbrough, group marketing and comms director, Nomad Foods
- Kirsten McPherson, marketing director (meals), Mondelez
- Lee Edwards, global brand strategy lead, The Lego Group
- Nicola Matthews, UK & Ireland head of marketing, Tony’s Chocolonely
- Nuala Gallagher, brand director, Greene King
- Rachael Quarmby, strategy director, Accenture Song
- Richard Hall, marketing director, KFC UK & Ireland
- Sarah Footman, conversion & retention marketing lead, ITV
- Simon Turner, marketing director, Clothes 2 Order
- Sion Owen, head of marketing, BT Group
- Tanya Fihosy, senior marketing manager, Careers & Enterprise Company
- Ucheora Obi-Wheeler, senior brand strategy manager, HSBC
- Will Prosser, director of digital marketing & CRM, TUI Group
Scholars are given an executive coach and attend residential ‘boot camps’ featuring speakers and masterclasses, as well as one-to-one mentoring with prominent leaders from the word of marketing and beyond.
The Marketing Academy founder and global CEO, Sherilyn Shackell, says: “Let’s face it, our industry has experienced punishing times recently and there’s probably more to come. Which is why investing in the development of our talent has never been more vital, and why we were so thrilled to see so many organisations nominating their high achievers for our 14th UK Scholarship.
“With the support of our partners, mentors, speakers, and executive coaches, we can’t wait to see what this incredible cohort will achieve as they embark upon the 2023 programme together.”