1. O2: Wear the rose – Make them giants England rugby animation
Blink and you’ll have missed it. Sadly the English team didn’t make it out of their group in the Rugby World Cup, shattering the dreams of the nation and its sponsors alike. Regardless of this disappointment, O2 still made a big impact with its “Wear the rose” campaign, taking the top spot of YouTube’s top 10 in September.
2. Honda: Honda stepping
Precision walking is a huge phenomenon in Japan. Last month, Honda brought the art to the UK for the first time to promote its HR-V car. The ad shows 60 people performing a routine choreographed around the car’s movements and set to the 1990’s track “Incredible” by General Levy. It took six weeks to rehearse and was filmed at London’s Wembley Arena, mesmerising millions of YouTube viewers as a result.
3. Android UK: Swim Dem Crew
Keen to appeal to that ever elusive millennial audience, Google launched this campaign. The “Swim Dem Crew” ad shows an injured runner taking to the water, documenting his journey to swimming greatness using his Android phone. It almost made us want to get up and exercise. Almost.
Agency: Adam & Eve DDB
4. Xbox UK: Gamers versus real life driving – Feat. The Stig from Top Gear
Even with Jeremy Clarkson gone the allure of Top Gear has not dimished. Xbox released a short video last month challenging four popular YouTubers to beat The Stig by playing a race car video game, while sitting in the back of a car driven around a racetrack by The Stig himself.
5. Dior: Dior Sauvage – The new fragrance
Plaster Johnny Depp all over your creative and you shall reach the masses. At least, that’s what Dior must have thought. The ad features Depp driving around, playing a fancy electric guitar and taking to the desert to bury his jewels. And while the video has racked up millions of views, most commenters have no idea what is going on. If anyone has figured out the meaning behind this ad, kindly drop us a message.
6. Curry’s PC World: Rugby vs Science in 4k Slo-Mo
Agency: AMV BBDO
7. Turkish Airlines: How do you make a Didier?
Agency: Crispin Porter & Bogusky
8. Hyundai Motor UK: All-New Hyundai Tucson – A car so smooth you could ice a cake in it
Agency: Innocean Worldwide
9. Ariel UK and Ireland: Uniting Long Distance Lovers
10. Youtube: Meet Sorted Food
- Find out more about social media at this year’s Festival of Marketing, where you can listen to speakers on the “Social” stage. For more information go to www.festivalofmarketing.com.