The Media Business has been appointed to the 3m media planning and buying account for Inter Lotto’s controversial quick-fire, on-screen lottery game Pronto!
Last week in the House of Commons, Prime Minister Tony Blair said he was unhappy with the prospective launch of Pronto! on November 27 and it was suggested he may ban rapid-draw lotteries.
But Inter Lotto insists the launch will go ahead on November 27. Inter Lotto managing director Roy Fisher says: “The Govern- ment has still not made up its mind about what it does not like about the game. However, it has indicated that if it wishes to regulate against it, it would be by means of primary legislation which will take some time.”
The Government says it is still considering the issue. It is understood to be concerned that the game encourages gambling while drinking alcohol.